quotes

" be broken enough to be changed, but strong enough to hold on "

Monday, November 15, 2010

Power Outage!

It’s amazing to see how much we miss when there’s so much going on around us. Ironically, my laptop is still working, and I’m here writing this journal, but set that aside for a second. No power at school, except for dining hall and lecture hall, cabins are cold, no heat or bathrooms, no clocks, no lights...

I found out that I could see things way better without the lights along the paths being lit up. This whispers of the wind through the trees in the forest are strangely comforting and enticingly beautiful. The moonlight clearly lit up the paths on which I had to return to my cabin, and I just noticed the beauty and majesty of the night-time sky and earth. It’s cool to see that when the distractions are taken away, God’s provision is really all we’ve ever needed. There’s enough light to lead us home, but not enough to see everything around us. It’s just enough to keep us on the path, and the whispers of the wind and air are like His Spirit, always there, yet forever moving.

So I’m sitting out here on the porch, enjoy the air and natural night-time lighting, and everything seems quieter, serene even, Ultimate peace.

Sometimes the things that show God the most are the things that we take for granted each day and night. Things like, the beautiful moonlight, the quiet whispering of the wind and the stirring tides of the ocean to name a few.

However, these are just the ramblings of a madman, and I don’t have claim to any of these revelations, take them how you will as God reveals it to you, and I hope you see Him through these jumbled thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment